In celebration of le quatorze juillet this year I want to share some of my favorite French (or French inspired) things. I also have a board on Pinterest with the same theme that you can follow for continued French inspiration!
1. Petit Bateau has the cutest baby clothes ever.
2. I love just about anything Le Creuset. Add to that something tiny and red and I just can’t help myself.
3. Would love to have some of these tea towels.
4. I think that these pencils with French phrases would be perfect for back to school.
5. French soap – need I say more?
6. No celebration is complete without a bottle of Lucien Albrecht bubbly!
7. Cute little Parisian poster found at Modcloth to stare at when you can’t be there in person.
8. Don’t tell my daughter but I am definitely getting this shirt for her!
9. For a classic French literary experience pick up a book by Camus this summer – if you’re feeling truly existential then you could even try some Sartre.
10. “French” toast!
11. Luxurious body lotion
12. A basic striped shirt is an essential part of any wardrobe.
13. Treat yourself to some yummy French cheese. This box comes from Fab.com but try your local cheese shop too.
14. My absolute favorite thing that transports me back to my mémère’s house every time I smell it – Lavender Linen Water
And one last one that got left off the list but I wanted to mention is a CD of French songs for kids that we used to listen to all the time when my daughter was younger. It is called Songs in French for Children and you can get it from Amazon for $3.99!
To add some homemade French goodness to your celebration, don’t forget our past tutorials for crème fraîche, crèpes, and last year’s bleu, blanc et rouge dessert recipe!
Enjoy and happy quatorze!